If you told me I’d be going to grad school 5 years ago I would’ve laughed in your face. But, with all seriousness, I never thought I was grad school material. I did well during my undergrad years, but the thought of being in school 1 1/2 to 2 more years seemed unbearable. Plus, I started hearing what people around me were saying. People would say “ yeah, grad school is so hard”, or “ it’s a waste of time and money”. However, after finishing my undergrad, I just knew I needed to get into graduate school to help others in a greater capacity. My ultimate goal is to become a Board Certified Behavior Analyst, so having a master’s is kind of a must- there’s no other way around it! But, that’s beside the point. I’m here to tell you to never give up. Never stop chasing your dreams!
Here are 5 things I’ve learned about chasing dreams:
- Sometimes you literally need to stop listening to others. They do not know you like you know yourself.
- It sounds so cliché, but you can do anything you put your mind to. But seriously, with God, all things are possible.
- Chasing your dreams is tough, but it will be so worth it in the end.
- Don’t be a negative Nancy and stop putting yourself down. This will only slow you down. (sorry if your name is actually Nancy)
- Pray, pray, and then pray some more. Praying will honestly get you through the tough times.
So, go and chase your dreams….
& remember you are wonder
I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.